Nepal Association for the Welfare of the Blind (NAWB) in cooperation with Nepal National Library, Hariharbhawan organized the three days long “Library Management Training” for NAWB Staff at NAWB’s Library from 10th February to 12th February, 2016 under the financial support of Direct Aid Program of Australian Aid. Mr. Yadav Chandra Niraula, Chief of Nepal National Library was chief trainer of the program. He was assisted by Prem Raj Adhikari, Basanta Raj Pantha and Anju Shakya from same organization as resource person for the training.
The training had included the following topics:
- Introduction each other, Introduction of National blind welfare Association Professional behavior in workplace
- Library is: Introduction of library, Definition of library, types of library, importance of special library, Overview of technical processing in the library, (Introduction of book) Selection, Collection and processing of library materials.How to find the place within the organization
- Accessioning the library materials (Book, NBM, journal, news paper)
- Classification using DDC School Edition.
- Reflection of Day 1
- Classification continue
- Cataloguing and assigning key words, use of ICT
- Library building/room, Furniture, light, temperature, library management committee, library rules
- Reflection of Day 2
- introduction of end processing system in the library, book pocket, book card, due date slip, stamping and clue page, shelving
- Circulation system Disaster management, Sustainable development, Reporting, library statistics
- Library and information service (Reference service)
- Closing and certificate distribution
The training program was done using the variety of methodologies like interaction, practices, presentations, games, exercises, etc to bring the results.
The participation list is as follows:
|S.N.||Name of Participant||Post|
|1.||Om Bam Malla||Executive Director|
|2.||Prem Bhakta Dangol||Resource Person|
|4.||Fauja Bahadur Karki||Program Officer|
|5.||Ratna Kaji Dangol||Education Officer|
|6.||Hemanta Bhujel||Program Assistant|